Sunday, May 31, 2015

Nexus Run: Northampton, MA (Day 1)

Coming to Northampton, MA, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I suppose I thought being near the congestion of Boston, it would be similar. I was wrong. From the artsy decor to the colonial era architecture, it is barely similar to the congestion you may expect in the New England corridor. Not to mention the green landscape.

For today's run, I found the Norwottuck Trail, which follows an old railroad trail, making it an easy, flat run.


Many surprises on this run, one of which reminded me of my niece, Hadley.  Does she know there is a town which shares her namesake?

However, the impressive find was one which crossed the Connecticut River, a bridge over 0.25 miles in length, made with railroad trusses. Incredible.


Now to rest after this long run, which beat the major rain.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome So neat to find a town with Hadley's name. Have a great time there. It looks beautiful. HUGS Mom

    ReplyDelete